2011 Pivot Cycles Mach 4 and Mach 5.7 are in!
The Mach 4!
Frame alone or frame kit available for the 2011 Pivot Mach 4.
The innovative and best-selling Mach 4 just got better for 2011. We made it a 5/8ths of a pound lighter, yet stiffer for an even more efficient riding experience. Using the cutting-edge dw-link® suspension design, the Mach 4 accelerates instantly during hard, out of the saddle efforts and gives amazing traction while climbing and accelerating out of corners. It’s downright snappy! The suspension soaks up the bumps in a smooth controlled manner that lets you go faster. The 92mm BB shell, carbon reinforced double row bearing lower dw-link(R), high-modulus carbon fiber upper link and one-piece rear triangle make for a zero-flex bike. Mountain Bike Action said it best: “It gives riders all the benefits of a shorter-stroke XC racer, like sharp acceleration and a dizzying rate of climb…and it delivers the downhill handling of a longer-stroke trail bike.” We couldn’t have said it better ourselves.
As with all of our suspension bikes, the Mach 4 is all about striking the perfect balance. In this case that perfect balance is providing the rider with World Cup winning cross country performance, without the narrow focus. It’s a race bike that shatters the boundaries between the single purpose, race day-only machine and a bike that can be ridden anywhere and everywhere. The Mach 4 has been to the top of the podium in Pro and Expert class cross country races across the country. It has proven itself in the world’s toughest endurance and 24 hour events including the 24 hours of Old Pueblo, the 24 hours of Moab, the TransRockies, the Leadville 100, and even South Africa’s grueling Cape Epic.
The Mach 4 is also a bike we (and many happy customers) have had the pleasure of riding all across the country on every type of terrain imaginable. It’s been ridden hard on our own National Trail, traversed the technical rock- and root-strewn trails of western Pennsylvania, powered through the forests of Northern Wisconsin and Minnesota, and has tackled Fruita, Colorado as well as just about everything Moab has to offer…including Porcupine Rim-right alongside riders with 6″ travel bikes.
For those not buying into the notion that more travel is always better, the Mach 4 could be considered your ultimate trail bike as well as being one of the fastest, most efficient race bikes on the planet.
Fox RP23 BoostValve rear shock with a neatly zip-tied on sag indicator. Chunky carbon linkage.
The Mach 5.7!
Frame alone or frame kit available for the 2011 Pivot Mach 5.7.
The legendary 5.7.
The Mach 5.7 is a completely redesigned bike relying heavily on what was learned from the previous Mach 5 bike. With the Mach 5.7 Pivot was seeking to create a stiffer, lighter, and plusher feeling bike while maintaining pedaling prowess. Check out the new features and updates below.
- Increased the travel to 5.7 inches (145mm)
- Dropped the weight of the bike by half a pound by shaving weight from places like the shock tabs, bottom bracket forging, lower yoke area and drop outs
- The Mach 5.7 Pivot is claiming to be 20% stiffer than the Mach 5, thanks to increased diameter top and down tubes on the front triangle, forged C-channel uprights on the more compact rear triangle with hydro-formed cross brace and beefy 8 cartridge bearings throughout. The new design adds significant stiffness and reduces weight.
- A lower bottom bracket height, more relaxed geometry and slightly taller headtubes add up to better stability
- A flatter spring curve takes advantage of the Fox RP23′s Boost Valve design allowing for a smoother transition into the middle of the travel while maintaining excellent bottoming resistance for a feeling of nearly endless travel.
- Increased the Propedal range for the Mach 5.7. This allows the bike to be more plush in the fully open setting, and offers more usable Propedal options. Propedal 3 offers both extremely efficient pedaling performance with a quick blow off and good small to medium bump absorption for endurance racing. The Propedal 1 setting is roughly equivalent to the open setting on the previous Mach 5. The new tune allows for a nice neutral feeling in all settings, and adds increased versatility for the all around mountain biker.
- Tapered headtube
- Lower stand-over heights make for a more compact frame with a lower center of gravity and an overall increase in frame stiffness.
- 92mm wide BB shell, compatible with Shimano, SRAM/TruVativ GXP, Race Face, FSA, and Enduro bottom brackets. 92mm shell allows for wider pivots and better bearing support for increased frame strength and stiffness while maintaining better control over the chainline.
- Revised direct mount front derailleur to accommodate upcoming XTR. Fully compatible with SRAM (S3) front derailleurs. The direct mount design ensures perfect front derailleur location, easier set up and a more rigid mount for the most efficient front shifting possible.
- New shock tab design with integrated cable guides and clean cable routing as well as a cleaner look and lighter weight.
- New Pivot ISCG 05 adapter plate compatibility for use with single ring set-ups.
- 140mm or 150mm fork compatibility.
Some pictures of the Mach 5.7 assemble in a complete bike..
Get the 2011 Mach 4 or Mach 5.7 now at Tionghin!!!!!!